Are you utilising the new Google Posts feature in Google maps? It’s great for promoting local business.
Google has been ramping up the opportunities for business this year for local search via Google My Business.
The latest thing to hit the market is Google Posts. This new feature allows you to publish your events, products and services directly to Google Search (in the Knowledge Panel) and Maps. Google Posts content will appear in both Google search and maps results.
Go to your Google My Business account and click on “Posts” on the left-side menu when you are in your Google business listing.
If you don’t have a a Google My Business account or Google map listing, we can help you set up with our affordable SEO services.
Google says this give local businesses the ability to:
1. Share daily specials or current promotions that encourage new and existing customers to take advantage of your offers,promote events and tell customers about upcoming happenings at your location.
2. Showcase your top products and highlight new arrivals.
3. Choose one of the available options to connect with your customers directly from your Google listing: give them a one-click path to make a reservation, sign up for a newsletter, learn more about latest offers, or even buy a specific product from your website.
But note, these Google Posts generally expire within seven days after posting them!
Here’s an example of what a Google Post looks like:
Here are the top things you need to know to get the most out of Google Posts.
1. Use the Google posts to highlight sales, specials, promotions or unique selling propositions. Don’t just shove a bunch of keywords into your post!
2. The best size to use for the image is 750 pixels ×750 pixels. If you use anything smaller than 250×250, it won’t be accepted.
3. The first 100 characters are what shows up in the Knowledge Panel. Make these characters count, and make sure your sentence doesn’t get cut off.
4. If you have multiple posts, the newest ones will show first, and the older ones will show in a carousel format.
5. The posts have unique URLs you can share by clicking on the posts.
6. Post often as the posts only stay live for seven days, and there currently isn’t a way to schedule posts. Events will stay live until the event is over.
If you really want to maximise your Google Map listing, find out more about on of our SEO services – Citation Listings and why citations they are a key factor in local search rankings. Or simply call us on (03) 9739 5445 and we will explain more.