Google wants to show credible pages in its search results.
For this reason, Google’s Search Quality Evaluator Guidelines suggest you check the implementation of Google’s E-A-T principles (Expertise, Authoritativeness and Trustworthiness).
• Expertise: The expertise of the creator of the web page. If a web page lists authors, Google checks if the author is a trustworthy author.
• Authoritativeness: Google checks the authoritativeness of the creator of the web page, the web page itself, and the whole website.
• Trustworthiness: Google checks the trustworthiness of the creator of the web page, the web page itself, and the whole website.
There are 4x key things that you can do to show Google that your website is a good website that can be trusted:
1. Create good quality, unique content that is error-free
Creating good quality, unique content is the first step to create trust. The information on your website must be correct. If the content is unique, it’s even better. Remove thin content pages and avoid content that might be misinterpreted or confusing.
2. Remove technical errors from your website
It’s not a good sign if your web pages contain errors, or has not been built or formatted well in the first place, such things as broken links or other errors can contribute to issues.
3. Get links from high-quality websites
If trustworthy websites link to your website, Google will trust your website more. Link building increases the ‘health’ of your website.
4. Show Google your website can be trusted
Add your full address to your website. Make it easy to contact you. Show your contact phone number. Have an ‘About us’ page on your website that clearly describes your business. If your website features articles from different authors, each author should have a page with additional information about the author.
Third-party reviews, listings in business directories and customer testimonials can also help to create trust.
Follow the above 4x tips to help your website be more easily found in the Google search engine results pages. Everything you do that can help create credibility online and offline will be good and positive for your website.